Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My long lost family

This is my first year attending college here in United States. I definitely felt lost and paranoid at first because its a whole new world for me plus, I didn't have a good time on my senior year which makes entering college more intimidating for me. My previous counselor Mr. Armando Melendrez recommended me sign up for the Bayan Learning Community.

PD 100 and English 114, known as the Bayan Learning Community. I call it my extended family, This is where I can be myself, learned more about who I am, and the best place where I can grow and learn with my friends at the same time.

No matter how cool it is to be a part of Bayan, It doesn't mean we just chill every meeting. We also do many school works. The best part though is when you do them with your fellow Bayan Scholars. Most of the time, our assignments  involves teamwork which makes our bonds closer and improves the way we socialize to other people.

I feel really blessed that I am a part of this family and I will never take for granted what I've learned on this class. I've met lifetime friends and awesome professors whom I look up to. I strongly recommend these learning community to new students who wants to learn more about themselves and those who are undecided about what they want to major in. 

I cant really find enough words to describe this community, This Learning Community gave me my bearings in order to face my future and I am forever grateful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment